Style at Home (Trends Issue - January 2011)


A little peek into January's Style at Home (trends issue) today focuses on affordable trends and looks such as equestrian style, blogger style, decorators style and graphic style as the top trends for 2011. As it wouldn't be fair to the magazine to show you all of them, I'm picking a few from the "equestrian" which seemed to be the one grabbing my most attention. (More after the jump).



If you're curious about the other looks: the blogger's was more of an eclectic fun look (a few bursts of colour, the odd number showing up on the mantle, pinecones in the fireplace; the decorator style was all about lots of print and pattern (bold stripes, chevrons, and bright colours) and the graphic style (the cover - see below) which sort of confused and surprised me - had a neo classical print look mixed with a modern bistro look (lots of blacks and whites - I guess that's the graphic part).



The top 10 trends they are listing for your home right now: Geometric-pattern rugs, patterned bed linens, dramatic pendant lighting, statement chair, modern nature wallpaper, colourful ceramics, graphic screen prints, blue & coral fabrics, warm-tone hardware and hot design books.


(Photo credits: Equestrian style - Robin Stubbert | Cover - Michael Graydon | Trends page - Ryan Brooks)

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I'm happy to see black and white stripes and pops of yellow! Thanks for sharing these tears, Jan!

Anonymous said...

I need that black & white striped chair! Lovely post.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I'm happy to see black and white stripes and pops of yellow! Thanks for sharing these tears, Jan!

Pinecone Camp said...

Style At Home just keeps getting better! I love the current issue.

Dani said...

What a great use of incorporating equestrian ribbons into home decor. I may need to see more and find that mag

c and d said...

wow! this looks like a great issue. makes me want to run down and grab a copy! i need some home inspiration these days...

Rosy said...

I'm in love with those kitchen shelves with the wrought iron scroll brackets. Beautiful.

misshannie said...

Oh the equestrian style decor is dreamy! I love the rustic feel to it.

Much love,
Hannie
xx

http://teaandbiscuits13.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just added some colorful ceramics to my home (http://curatingcuteness.com/2010/12/the-little-pottery-town-called-yingge/) - bingo!