Weekend Project: Yarn Bomb Your Home!



I never really thought of this till now (well, maybe I have – my stair banister), but after seeing the hand-stitched home of Aurélie Mathigot  I'm totally inspired to bring some more yarn bombing indoors!  I've got a few large pieces of driftwood laying about that I've been hanging onto for a crafternoon, and since I'm so good at knitting rectangles (that's the extent of my talent), this just might be the craft of choice!  Love! (Image via interior divine via Pinterest).

Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

b said...

those are too cool!

Erin Wallace said...

This would make a home so warm and happy! I've always thought of this as an outdoor thing, but why not inside?

Meg said...

What a lovely idea! I've been saving bottles and jars hoping for some home decor project to come along, so maybe I will knit them some little cozies! What a wonderful winter project :)

Jasmine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jasmine said...

oh cool! I've seen yarn bombed cars and streets but not home things! ♥ it!

Fiks'd Blog

b said...

YES! YES! YES!
yarn bomb your home is right! i am currently working on knitted chandelier! and many more knitty things. the above image is super great!

Jake at Big Picture Framing said...

HA! "Yarn bombing" - we love it! Being in New England near the ocean, we love the idea of doing it with the driftwood but would love finding other natural objects to cover. Hmmmm, or maybe with an old picture frame:)
Thanks for sharing!

stormarela said...

What a fantastic way to display your talent and creativity. I'm going make a piece for my home too! Thank you!