That One Great Thing


Arren Williams is a stylist, editor and trend reporter based in Toronto, Canada. You'll catch his work regularly popping up in print in the likes of the National Post, House & Home amongst other places and is also a guest expert on Citytv's CityLine. He also has a really great blog (if you haven't happened by it yet) filled with product reviews, advice and his personal house project. This guy oozes with talent and happens to be one of my faves. He has an ocassional series on the blog called That One Great Thing where he asks folks in the industry to share "one great thing" from their home. I came across the above photo and asked him if he'd mind me sharing it here. This One Great Thing is from the home of Fashion magazine's fashion director Susie Sheffman and was taken by her best friend, photographer Gabor Jurina.  As Susie states in her backstory, it's a visual magnet in her home, and I can only imagine what it's like in real life. Read more about it at Arren's blog.  I don't know about you, but I love beachy/water art like this.  Maybe it's the longing of warmth from our long cold winters here in Canada; but whatever it is, there's just something about it I'm drawn to.  Seeing this image reminded me of some pieces I'm really being pulled towards as of late from our market.  I'm already imagining them on the walls of our townhouse.  (Below:  samantha french, the project room, jennifer squires, magic markings art). Thanks Arren!

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

kara rane said...

love the ocean and art,,
Amor en la Isla de Vieques~
http://lucky2bu.blogspot.com/

Arren said...

Thanks Jan! And I'm loving the calmness of Jennifer Squires' Granview Lake #1 - Gorgeousness...

Jan Halvarson said...

Arren - Thank you for all your inspiration!

Brittany H. said...

Man, that is the BEST picture of the girl on the side of that boat. Wow.

Love your blog!
Muah,
www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

Jennifer Squires Ross said...

I love the idea of "one great thing". I think each room in my home needs one. Now to dream up that one great thing for my living room...

MagicMarkingsArt said...

That picture is gorgeous. I absolutely covet it for my own home.
Thank you for the feature.

Anne Keane said...

such a pretty picture. Being a swimmer and living near the beach makes this a truly coveted piece!