Collecting: Class Pictures


Love this collection of vintage class pictures that the folks over at Love It Alot recently hung in the stairwell of their home. Not only a great display but I'm drawn to the different shades of wooden frames along with their rectangular shapes. Usually one sees photo's hung in stairwells with the longer part of the frame going vertical (as most photo's are taken that way - portrait style I guess); but because these are class pictures, the "landscape" direction is a fresh alternative don't you think?

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

something's hiding in here said...

our favorite shop: three potato four, has a collection of these if you're looking for some!

http://threepotatofourshop.com/item.php?item_id=4492&page=2&category_id=17

-shauna & stephen

Pinecone Camp said...

I love this idea! I have a thing about old photos, but haven't thought of class photos. Hmmm.

Pearl said...

How neat!! I love that vintage look!


Pearl

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

This is such a great look! I love using old frames I find in thrift shops... I collect the brass looking ones. And I never thought of class photos, but they are pretty fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Those old horizontal (long rectangle) photos have always intrigued me. They were not always class pictures. I found some in a ballroom on my alma matter campus that were giant horizontal pictures of buildings and skylines. Why did this dimension never catch on?

Unknown said...

I love the stairs!

Deb @ Lavender Garden Cottage said...

Ha! I thought I was the only one quirky enought to collect those! Love the way the are displayed here.

Coco Cake Land said...

jan, these are crazy cool. my grandfather was in the Vancouver Chinese Tennis club and my mom has a great picture of the entire club that is in the same style and vein.

LOVE!

marysworkshop said...

I really love the horizontal shapes stacked that way. It looks great!