Coast Modern Film

I missed the latest Pecha Kucha but heard it was a good one. The folks from Coast Modern Film presented and I just caught a look at their trailer for Coast Modern Film , a film about a journey from Los Angeles to Vancouver; from 1922 up to the present exploring modernist architecture on the West Coast and how today a third generation of architects are embracing the ideas and issues raised by modern architecture. Can hardly wait to see this! So exciting!

(Via Considered Design).

Jan Halvarson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

even the trailer is inspiring!

Hans said...

So inspiring.

Carole said...

I guess the time has come to admit that I'm an architecture geek. I love Frank Lloyd Wright designs, Ranch Houses, Prairie Style, and many modern designs as well. The cookie cutter houses of today do nothing for me. They have no uniqueness about them.

I'd love to see this film.

lesley [smidgebox] said...

jan, i cannot wait to see this film! so excited, it reminds me of my passion for architecture.
every time i see a new home of this modernist style, it just gives me shivers, so happy that there is a new generation of designers heading back in that direction.
i'll be in line to check this out when it's released!