A Day at the Beach with Gallant & Jones

Contributor post by Janis of Pinecone Camp


Hi all! Janis here, from Pinecone Camp. I had the opportunity to shoot, once again, with the talented women behind Gallant & Jones. The two of them design and build, a line of beautiful beach and garden chairs as well as camp stools and trays. I'm the proud owner of a few of their chairs and stools and I love them! So comfortable, and perfect in the back yard with a g&t. ;)

Our shoot took place at a Vancouver beach and the nearby park. The day was a bit cool, but the lighting was pretty. We had two fabulous "models", Tanis, owner of the fabulous Bao Bei, and Elisa from appleturnover-homemade stories. 






Nothing like a picnic shoot, where you can actually eat and drink the props! Wish all my shoots were like that. Sigh.

Have a great day!
janis

................................................

An interiors and lifestyle photographer (and closet baker by night), Janis Nicolay hails from Vancouver and adores travel, airports, road trips, camping and mid-century style.  Check out her new recipe cards and beautiful photo's on etsy.

Blog: pineconecamp.blogspot.com
Site: janisnicolay.com


Jan Halvarson

13 comments:

Nimue said...

These chairs are so cute! just perfect for my garden :) and the shoot is very pretty too. looks like you had a lot of fun doing it!

Cez said...

fantastic picture and atmosphere....

erleichda said...

such lovely pictures...
i think we are off to picknic soon
; )

Alice said...

These are so lovely. Puts me in the mood for a picnic while experimenting with my new Holga camera...

Meriem said...

Beautiful photography, they make me feel so relaxed, just want to spend a lazy summers day, feet in the sand and noise of sea in the background!

Maia said...

Lovely! Puts me right in the mood. Thanks for the smile!

Vivi said...

such loveley deckchairs, & that picnic basket!!! pure bliss :) x


vivI.Iviv
www.lovexevol.blogspot.com

Hilary said...

Those chairs are oh-so-charming. I wish I got to go on photoshoots at picnics!


x Hilary
thecleverlife.etsy.com
oneclutteredlife.blogspot.com

Carola said...

Lovely shoot Janis!! I love the ligth

kiss

Carola

Pinecone Camp said...

It was a fun shoot. I love working with a group of women with a variety of talents!

Annie said...

oh wow, these photos are beautiful! as are the chairs... I can perfectly imagine a spot for them in my garden :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

wonderful shoot Janis! you've really featured those stellar outdoor accessories so well. love the feeling behind it all, casual carefree style at it's best! sure hope Tanis brought along tasty treats from her wondrous resto - i adore that hot spot big time. ♥

MissBliss said...

I can feel the grass under my feet!

Lovely photos... love those chair colors :)