DIY—Rolling Crate Footstool


Sue from Twig & Vine (part of Ilo Collective - participants in our market this month) created a fun little DIY on her blog recently transforming a Borden’s milk crate into a unique rustic coffee table/footstool. She was nice enough to share it with us here this week.  She also used her Aunt Emma's cutting board to create a lid for the crate which now holds a cache of books and magazines and resides near two cozy chairs in the corner of her kitchen.  Check out her DIY here and more from her shop here:

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

change of scenery said...

I LOVE this DIY. You can also probably use wine crates that are only like $5 to purchase at any local wine store. The wheels make the piece super functional and I can see how you even add a pad and some fabric for added pattern and seating options stored under a sofa tables, etc.

Again, great idea. I think it's something I may have to give a try!

gebrichi said...

Nice DIY post - I like to put castors on almost anything- tables, chairs, beds, dressers, benches. Castors are a wonderful way for redecorating fiends such as myself to redo any room or area. I also add castors to wooden wine crates from the LCBO which have dozens of uses.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I swear you post THE best DIYs, Jan! Love this idea.

Katie said...

That's brilliant. Do you think it's sturdy enough to be extra seating if necessary?

Unknown said...

A very cool piece with great character. I just wish I had a crate like it.

Rikkianne said...

I LOVE this! We purchased a rolling foot stool when my little girl was a toddler. We stored her toys in it. We loved it till it pretty much fell apart. This is such a cool alternative! Fantastic DIY! Thank you!

Tracy said...

Great! Thank you, I'll most certainly be trying this.

Sophia said...

Brilliant! Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie, I sit on this stool and stand on in too. The cutting board is sturdy and so is the crate. It works great for that. Have fun trying it. Sue