Fruit Stands and Wine - A B.C. Road Trip


Hello everyone! Janis here, from Pinecone Camp. I just did a little road trip up to the Okanagan, and through B.C. wine country (about 5 hours from Vancouver and Seattle), and I have to say, it was difficult to get back to work! Such a beautiful part of Canada. The only desert area in Canada too, fyi. I shot this story with my Canon, iPhone and old kodak duaflex. Fun to experiment and compare. Here we go...

We started out our first day at this diner, Elite, in Penticton. No frills, but cheap and pretty tasty. 

A view from Munson Mountain in Penticton.

Forest Green Lavender Man, in Naramata, is a beautiful place to check out before you hit the wineries. 

Poplar Grove was one of my favourite wineries. Fantastic wine and the staff were so helpful and informative. Beautiful building and the view was amazing. 

This area is great for vintage shopping as well. We checked out Zack's in Olalla, and Jardin Antiques in Okagnagan Falls. I actually picked up the coffee cups pictured, as I have a small collection of this print and they were only .50 each. Love a deal. 

The Oliver theatre in Oliver BC. I'm so happy it's still there. For more info about this fabulous small town, click here.

Another must-see winery is Tinhorn Creek in Oliver. Miradoro is their new restaurant - definitely the best meal we had on the trip. Loved their wine too ;)

Back in Naramata, we found our new favourite fruit stand, The Trail, where you can pick your own organic corn, plums, peaches and apples. Jean Hollett and her uncle, Rod, know their produce! Very cute duo.


If you do visit B.C., I hope you can take a little tour through this part of the province. Countless fabulous, and award winning, wineries, endless orchards, great vintage shops, and beautiful lakes. Breathtaking.

Have a lovely day!
janis

................................................

An interiors and lifestyle photographer (and closet baker by night), Janis Nicolay hails from Vancouver and adores travel, airports, road trips, camping and mid-century style.  Check out her new recipe cards and beautiful photo's on etsy.





Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

pinkbathtub said...

Fabulous photos! Looks like my kind of trip. Adore the red chairs against the lavender.

meesch said...

absolutely breathtaking photos! Love the post

-meesch
http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

christine, just bella said...

such beautiful photos of one of my fav places ever and now I've got some new places to check out next time I'm there. Thanks, Janis!

Naomi Bulger said...

Oh, these are SO lovely. How do you do it? How do you get that lovely, bright but hazy feel to your photographs that says "summer" and "lazy" and "lovely" all at once? I wish I knew how to do that! Whatever you did, it worked. I really want to go there and sit in the sun and eat fruit and sip wine, rummage for antiques, and later in the afternoon take a solitary stroll down a quiet road, where the light will be all soft and hazy...

Pinecone Camp said...

It is a lovely place to visit. Could use a glass of that wine right now! Naomi, since my day job is photography, I know my way around filters and photoshop! It's also the different types of cameras I use. The old duaflex (TTV) is a lot of fun!

Naomi Bulger said...

Lordy how I wish I had your skill!

mean green mom said...

Beautiful Photographs and thank you for the great exploring ideas. We LIVE in Penticton and love it, but havent visited several of the lovely places above :)

Unknown said...

oh myyyyyy....I have been to all of these places, just love your pics!!!