Scrapbook: 12+ Storage Ideas Round-up

inmyhouse.se

With school starting up in some places already and just around the corner here,  I've collected a little round-up of great storage ideas for fall or anytime really.  Some of these you may have seen as of late, but most of them are new to the blog and hopefully to you.  (Above and just below:  Love these wicker baskets placed on the wall vs just sitting on the floor from In My House Blog).  Also I like the clips she has hanging on the wall versus the clipboard.

inmyhouse.se


Ikea has a new series of storage boxes called KVARNIK which flirts with past times when crates and boxes were as well made as it's contents.  Dressed in off-white or dark blue jute cloth with label holders for labeling contents, the boxes come in formats tailored to include magazines, CDs and DVDs in a nice vintage style which is easy to show (love them mixed with real vintage storage as shown in this image from Livet Hemma).


 Adding shallow compartments to the back of the door via bhg.com




 Tin caddy tutorial by Cynthia Shaffer



Kitchen pantry makeover from The House of Smiths.  She sells all those lovely label decals too! (A few close-ups below).

Kitchen pantry makeover from The House of Smiths


Kitchen pantry makeover from The House of Smiths

Great shoe storage area for the entryway.  From Livet Hemma for IKEA


This low shelf with a mix of found storage boxes (vintage and new) has a really nice laid back feel to it that I really like.  (Via Emmas blogg). Photography by Pernilla Hed for Hus & Hem.





Bookshelves just always seem to work in a dining room, and love these stacked super high from the home of Michale Murphy in Brooklyn, New York via Apartment Therapy.   Images: Mat Sanders.


Click here for more tips on storage and organizing I posted earlier this year.

Jan Halvarson

13 comments:

aimee said...

great storage ideas iv got a narrow hallway so the ikea one would work well xxx

erleichda said...

this is the most amazing, ergonomical and cool house i have ever seen!!!

Sophie Delphis said...

If only I were so aesthetically organized...

Cathy said...

I admit it...my pantry is a mish mash of stuff! This makes me want to rush in there and re-organize! Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

liking your new banner front page!

Beth Krynick said...

I'm trying to de-clutter and re-decorate my house but it is a long process. These are some really wonderful ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!

Room6 said...

i love me some storage! great post, i wish my pantry looked like that. wait...i don't have a pantry....

Jan Halvarson said...

Room6 - hilarious. me too!

vosgesparis said...

KInda cute the drawings on the shoe storages ;)

Annette said...

These are absolutely awesome storage ideas. I especially love the pantry decals, and wish that we can DIY our own because I want to label everything with that! :D

leslie.jones said...

why can't my home every look that organized- especially my pantry!? I'm currently unpacking in a new home and I hate trying to rearrange things 100 times before I find the right spot! Nice inspiration...

Unknown said...

I needed this post! I'm trying to put our entryway together, although there's really awkward space to work with.

Unknown said...

I always thought I never had enough storage but it seems that instead I don't have nough ideas - these are all brilliant.

p.s I found your blog though a link on Mathilde <3 Manech and will now be following - thanks!