Weekend Project: Decorate a Pumpkin!


Last night I carved out three pumpkins for our doorstep.  I'm not going to show you any of them because they were a bit of a bust (to say the least).  One I did freehand (some sort of scary one), one using a stencil (a cat) and the other I just gave up on (although it's carved inside).  And I guess I should've thought to look a bit more online before I started for inspiration.  After one sore hand, a bit of a scrape from the carving knife (that broke) and lots of yucky mess - I think next year I might go for the no-carve look (like these amazing melted crayon ones from The Swede Records). 

Related: Check out my new 10 Last Minute Pumpkin Ideas post today on Babble for a bit more inspiration!  Happy Decorating!

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

FloraFiona said...

Nice idea :-)!

Danielle Hardy said...

Love it!! Cool idea :)

Jada said...

These are so festive and fun for Halloween :) I want to try this!

ms.composure said...

omg so cute and creative!!!


http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Kleine Wunder überall said...

Maybe that's me - but I think that pumpkins should be eaten instead of rotting on one's porch ;-)

chelsea lyn said...

jackson Pollack pumpkins! ;-)

The Tote Trove said...

Ooh, carving pumpkins is the worst! Actually, painting them is kind of tricky too; nothing I ever try seems to come out as well as it would have on paper! Anyway, these crayon creations are lovely. I've never seen anything like them. Thanks for sharing :)

Coco Cake Land said...

super cool!! melty wax crayon pumpkins, amazing idea.!

Viola said...

I love this idea! Great! :)