Bookhou in Covet Garden


So fun to see the home of Arounna and John (of Bookhou) in the latest issue of online magazine Covet Garden today.  The talented couple live above their brick and mortar shop, Bookhou in Toronto with their two adorable children Lliam and Piper.  Note their veneer pendant hanging above their dining room (above photo).  Arounna made that for a DIY here on Poppytalk when she was a regular contributor.  You can get the how-to here. See more of their home and another how-to of Arounna's at Covet Garden. Photo's by Ashley Capp.



Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the atmosphere of the place. Looks like a lovely and comfortable place to live. Thank you for sharing!

Katie said...

Oooh, I love that wire shelving!
And the little chalkboard drawing station!

CHRISTI JAY said...

I'm in love with that wire crate shelf, such a great way to have lots of storage without blocking the flow of a room and its natural lighting.

Zoé said...

Such beautiful interiors. SO gorgeous without being an impossible showhouse sort of environment... I especially love the second photo and agree with 'The Aquarians' - I too a in love with that wire crate shelf. Incredibly cool and stylish. A semi-statement piece of any room.
Oh, and the little girl in the corner is so cute, giving the photo a family ambience (on another note, I would have loved a blackboard like that at her age :)
In fact, I honestly wish I had a house like that!

You have a brilliant blog and loads of hard work has obviously payed off to make it a quiet success. :) Absolutely fantastic and it was a pleasure to come across.

Maud Bailey said...

wonderful home and pageful atmosphere :-) thank you

Pinecone Camp said...

Oh man, I love their home! I'll have to take a look at the entire issue.

Anne Nowak said...

Great inspiration, Thanks from Anne

arounna said...

thanks jan!
I wish I had more time to contribute more d.i.y. projects
xxa