Fresh New Work: HENSE

Contributor post by Andrea of Hula Seventy

float.2

I've been following the work of Atlanta visual artist and graffiti writer HENSE since the early 90s. Truth is, if you lived in Atlanta in the 90s (and beyond) and kept your eyes open, you'd see his name, his work plastered all over the city. It's been five long years since I've called Atlanta home but I am still a huge fan. And when I stumbled onto some of his new work while in town recently, let me tell you. I was stoked.

float.3
'Float' consists of two public murals that grace the walls along Arizona Avenue just beneath the MARTA and CSX rails.

float.4
Funded by the City of Atlanta Office of Cultural Affairs, these murals are now included in their permanent collection of public art.

float.5
I'm in love with the color and the shapes. Crazy in love.

float

If you live in the Atlanta area, take a little drive. Head down Dekalb Avenue until you hit Arizona Avenue. Totally worth it. I promise. -Andrea (To see more of Hense's work, visit his site and check out this nice little write-up over at Juxtapoz.

 ...................................................


Andrea (Hula Seventy) is a photographer, writer and occasional modern dance teacher living in the Pacific Northwest. She's also a mama to two wild, beautiful children. For the most part, she is self-taught and shoots images with whatever she can get her hands on. film, digital, she loves it all. You can find her work on Etsy and visit her blog here.

Jan Halvarson

9 comments:

Raeh said...

Beautiful peice - visted his site - amazing stuff. Love this guy's vision! Now I want to go visit Atlanta.

Jenn Ski said...

wow I just love these, so wishing I could drive by and see them for myself.

claydancer said...

Thanks so much for sharing the work of this artist. I am completely hooked. Love it!

Claire Caudwell said...

Wow what inspirational work. Love it!

Unknown said...

Its just so "happy"! Love it

Unknown said...

Amazing, great work, love everything about it.

Leslie said...

Love this! The colour, the shapes everything about it really. I have saved these images to my inspiration folder!

kara rane said...

so amazing how all these awesome 'graffiti' artists were once 'outlaws' & now their work is being funded by the city.. LOVE it*!

Cez said...

amazing!!! love it!!!