Dispatches from Portland: PDX Flea

Contributor post by Andrea of Hula Seventy


The Portland Flea  is up and running again and I couldn't be happier. I'll tell you, we're hurting for fleamarkets out here in the great Pacific Northwest. Not sure why but it seems there's a bit of a fleamarket shortage so when something like the Portland Flea comes along, I jump on it. A couple of Saturdays ago, I grabbed my camera (and a little bit of spending money) and hit it up. Here's a little look at the PDX Flea fun:






The market features more than twenty vendors of antique and repurposed furniture, vintage clothing and collectibles (which you can read a little more about here). And of course it just wouldn't be Portland without a few stellar food carts to round out the experience-- Voodoo Doughnuts, Fifty Licks Ice Cream  and The Taco Pedaler were on hand with the good eats and sweet treats.

(Portland Flea runs every third Saturday of the month-- catch the next one on June 16th at Union/Pine)

***

Andrea (Hula Seventy) is a photographer, writer and occasional modern dance teacher living in the Pacific Northwest. She's also a mama to two wild, beautiful children. For the most part, she is self-taught and shoots images with whatever she can get her hands on. film, digital, she loves it all. You can find her work on Etsy and visit her blog here.
 

Jan Halvarson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Portland, Oregon and I love me a flea market. I've spend many vacations up there and when I was a college student at the University of Oregon, I'd go up there on the weekends. Great photos of the flea market and thanks for bringing back some fond memories of Portland!

Unknown said...

Too funny, I was just there a couple of weeks ago and bought the best rattan and yellow vinyl barstools from my friend and I bought a lasso.

Anonymous said...

I'm moving to Portland soon, and I am so excited to see this! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure I will check this out :)

Anonymous said...

Last year you featured some DIY ideas: http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/09/diy-industrial-record-cabinet.html

The same embroidery is on the wall in both stories--I assumed it was one of a kind homemade.

Do you know anything more about it?