Weekend Project: Homespun Style


Are you into the homespun look?  I like to look at it and wouldn't mind a home office wall, bedroom headboard or dresser with a bit.  I do have a beautiful quilt my grandmother made that reminds me a bit of these images and love it folded at the edge of our bed.  It even has some neon in it - (grandma was edgy)!  The folks at  91 Magazine launched issue 3 today and I'm a bit of a Selina Lake fan, so loved the little article in it featuring her book, Homespun Style.  When looking at those walls and the dresser below, I thought it would be fun inspiration for this week's weekend project.  Photography by Debbie Treloar for Homespun Style by Selina Lake.

How to:  Cut either vintage fabrics or wallpapers into squares and modge podge to walls (if you owned the wall) or  if it was a rental and you didn't want too much of a permanent situation; use a large piece of wood or canvas and modge podge on (would make a fun headboard).  The dresser idea below is another sweet idea - alternating fabric/papered drawers with painted drawers in a compatible palette. Super-easy and instantly homespun! 



Jan Halvarson

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the dresser drawers!

Unknown said...

I quite love the dresser idea!

Brooke

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I LOVE the colors... adorable.
jennybodell.blogspot.com

Jacaranda Designs Jewelry said...

The chest of drawers is lovely. Amazing really what you can do with some paint and paper.

sports funia said...

nice looking

Unknown said...

It does add a lot of fun and whimsy to the home. It's like making the walls and your dresser into quilts. Teeheeeheee!

Malin på pastill.nu said...

wow, the drawer i beautiful!

AH said...

Love it all, but especially the dresser.

Kristina said...

Very simple, yet very beautiful!

kickpleat said...

Jan, I wanna see a post with your grandma's edgy neon quilt! I love all grandma quilts....especially fun ones like that :)

Lori @ wall decals said...

Wow! I love the square wallpapers idea, and those drawers are really cute, I can't wait to do the same with my old drawers :)