At Leisure: Outdoor Lounge Chairs

Guest Post by Lily Ellis of Birch + Bird.


Summer may have been slow to start here on the West Coast but she sure is making up for it in a big way! Sun, sunshine and more of the bright stuff is in the forecast for the week ahead and the kids and I have been soaking it up (with the right amount of SPF, of course) as much as possible. While I did end up finding my husband a great hammock for Father's Day, I like nothing better than stretching out with a new magazine or good book in my trusty lounge chair. But I think I could be just as comfortable in one or two of these relaxing outdoor spaces too...especially poolside or oceanfront!







I bought a new red and white striped lounge chair cushion in the As-Is section of Ikea at the end of the season last year and couldn't be happier with it. Isn't the DIY day bed above so inviting? Looks like the perfect perch for the end of a long day...although I'm pretty sure my kids would immediately take over! Enjoy the sunshine and be sure to get some R&R in!

***
Lily co-writes with Rachel over at Birch + Bird. Together they organize local handmade + vintage markets and run a small Etsy shop. You can follow Birch + Bird on Facebook and Twitter.

Jan Halvarson

2 comments:

ynas-design said...

Ohhhh, I love that Day Bed. Roght Place, right colosr. right feeling.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, lounging outdoors is awesome. Poolside? Oceanside! I'm there with you! Especially in one of these great chairs. Great collection!