The Art of the Display (DIY Idea)


I saw this very cool display of invisible bookshelves today that Marjva photographed from the Housing Fair in Finland recently and posted about on the Divaani Blogit (isn't it cool)?  I love the colour coded piles, and the one with a vase on it.  Makes you want to make it, doesn't it?  Meighan did a tutorial on how to make these shelves over at Wired recently; if you wish to tackle this yourself (here's the link).  I would love something like this in our hallway. On a related note, I've collected a few more pretty images of displays using books for inspiration - you can see them over at Pinterest here.

Jan Halvarson

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that is really rather cool. :-)
I have already colourbetised my bookshelf but this one whole step further!

Unknown said...

Love this display!!!!
I need to do something like this at home :-)

Maria said...

I love this idea! It looks great and I am always looking for ways to corral all the books around my house.

Emily said...

I love this idea!
I cant wait to try it.


Emily
eageremily.blogspot.com

outdoor storage box said...

Wow! This is indeed very cool. Being a bookworm, I could really try this. Lovely!

Emma said...

This is awesome...you certainly couldn't do that with a kindle - another reason to stick to buying books instead.. I will never get a kindle when books are so beautiful!

Unknown said...

OMG! This is too cool. I love how they are color coordinated and the books become art pieces. What a fabulous idea.

Pinecone Camp said...

Thanks for the link to this diy! I saw a very small version of this in a home I shot recently. Had no idea how they did it. I love this one!

Dear Sukie Gets Crafty said...

Love this! What a great idea!

kari_breitigam said...

Genius! Absolutely must try this; what a clever way to show off beautiful books!

Kreetta said...

This is gooood. I had already another how to make bookshelf -idea in my pinterest but I think this is better! Thanks for sharing!