DIY Stamped Wrapper Paper

Contributor post by Chelsea of Lovely Indeed



Happy holidays, pals! Hope you're having fun decking halls and all that jazz. I'm in wrapping mode, and I really wanted to put the ol' DIY treatment on my giftwrap this year. If you want to do the same and create some awesome, hand-stamped paper, grab your materials. You'll need:

  • roll of kraft paper
  • a stamp block for carving (I used this one)
  • printer and ink
  • iron
  • carving tools and scissors
  • wood block
  • strong glue
  • stamp pad
First, decide on a design for your stamp. If you love the stag silhouette that I made, you can download it here. Print out your design and put it face down on the stamp block. Iron it with a low heat for a few seconds. Peel away the paper and the design should remain on your block.





Begin carefully carving away at the design. Go slowly and be careful not to slice off any edges that you want to keep. Also, be careful not to slice too far down into the block and cut through.



Once your image is carved, trim the excess around the edges with scissors. Glue the stamp onto the wood block.




Now that you've got your hand-carved stamp, stamp away! I used a white pigment ink, which I love against the craft paper. Silver, gold, or black would also look really cool. If you're creating a pattern with your stamp, be sure to measure the distance between each image. I put my stags 5 inches apart and it worked pretty well.



Once your paper is stamped, wrap your gifts and deck them out! I'm so excited to give these gifts this year -- so much thought and care went into the inside and the outside. Happy giving, and happy holidays! xoxo




Chelsea Costa is an actor and blogger living in Los Angeles. Her blog, Lovely Indeed, focuses on a DIY lifestyle and all of the happiness that comes along with it. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

Jan Halvarson

17 comments:

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

So cute! Love this and will definitely be giving it a shot :) ~Lily

Veuča said...

Niiiiice :)

Anonymous said...

Love it Chelsea - you've inspired me!

herblueyestudio said...

What a great blog post!

Unknown said...

looks great!

sweet harvest moon said...

Looks pretty!

Coco Cake Land said...

wow... great tutorial!!

so cute, thanks for sharing!

^__^

Karis said...

I love this! No one would have the same paper!

http://dearpoet.wordpress.com/

Karis said...

Love this! No one would have the same paper as you!

Bluediggies said...

I like it a lot. Simple and fun to do

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I'm going to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration.

Duealberi said...

Very pretty! Love it!

chiara said...

love these!

Abi Makes said...

such a good idea, it inspired me to stamp my wrapping paper this year, although i bought a stamp id didnt make one, photos here
http://abimakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/stamped-wrapping-paper.html

Madison said...

The link to the stag outline is broken. Any way I can find it somewhere?

capturingtheride said...

Such fun paper! I was also trying to link to the stag - but it wasn't working. Any idea where we can find it? Thanks!

indigo said...

Hello! I wanted to let you know that I've featured your project in my holiday DIY roundup! You can find the post here: http://spikesandstardust.com/2013/12/09/what-are-you-crafting-this-holiday-season/. I hope you have a wonderful day!