keepsake shadow box inspiration (weekend project)




i've been thinking about making a few shadowboxes this weekend as christmas presents and have been combing around for a bit of inspiration. canada's style at home magazine had these ones (above) featured this month with a few ideas on how to assemble. antique items (mini vespas & wedgwood jasperware) were hot-glued, while the brooches and vintage barbie clothes were pinned to foam backing that was included with the frames. black keepsake collector box - coffee bean, martha stewart crafts, $17.99 and ribba white frames, ikea, $12.99.

i also found this craft punch glossary project (image below) on martha's site where you can download printable step-by-step instructions which can be placed in a shadowbox frame.



as well as a photo family tree tutorial (image below):




and other inspirations here: dreaming of better days and national, lisa congdon (below).




customised diorama with deer, hills and polkadot sky by lynelle:

Jan Halvarson

7 comments:

Erin Lang Norris said...

I've been gearing up for shadow box making myself :). I think I might put it off until we move, though. But I could make a really cool one for my mother in law for Christmas...thanks for the idea! I can't believe that it didn't cross my mind to give one as a gift.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, love these. Antique mini Vespas - I wonder where she found them? Those are adorable and I'd love to find some for myself!

melissa said...

I love all these shadow boxes! Thanks for sharing them.

my hyggelig said...

This is perfect! I was just talking about making these for my new creative space. Thanks for the post!

Pink Wallpaper said...

those are really neat...i wish i had the talent to do one!

Anonymous said...

I love the keepsake boxes... now if only I had the time.

Unknown said...

I bought one of those Martha Stewart shadow boxes right when they came out and haven't done a thing with them yet. Thank you for sharing your ideas, it has inspired me to be creative with mine!