Backyard Escape from H&H

stacybrandford2

We love everything about this article we saw in the July '09 issue of Canadian House and Home. From the weekend decorating section, producer Montana Benett and Editor, Kimberly Brown set out to refashion a garden shed (or cottage bunkie) into an island-inspired guest house. Clever and easily accessible ideas such as beach/rattan matts for wall covering, shipping crates (painted) for a daybed base, a makeshift awning made with dropcloth and sturdy branches, tree trunks for end tables and mosquito nets from Ikea. The tropical palette of golds and ocean hues create an inviting summery atmosphere. Bedding from Pinecone Hill.

staceybrandford3
staceybrandford

Jan Halvarson

4 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

Oh me oh my. So pretty and perfect.

K Dilley said...

I love that top picture so much. Now while I'm sitting at school I'll just stare out and pretend I'm there!

Anonymous said...

what a dreamy space to wish for / to own / to share

abigailkm said...

this is so delightful! love the colors.