biker chick

oogaboogastore.com
After giving up on the idea of not being able to have a wicker carrier on my new bike (without giving up the headlight), I have been seeking out alternative ideas for carrying my items and came across a few designs today that I didn't even know existed. Many of them feature adjustable straps to accommodate different handlebar and bar sizes and have heavy-duty cloth for carrying things. I love the idea of riding back from the market with all my fresh vegetables in my front carrier and some of these may be just the ticket.


Hambone Designs

boneshakerbags.etsy.com

bikeburrito.etsy.com

DNTX.etsy.com

Jan Halvarson

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Love the first and last pics! I have an Electra Amsterdam and also have a front light that couldn't be taken off (it's self-generating with connections to the tire). I brought the bike and my Carrie basket into a shop and the fix-it people were able to lower my light to the area right above the tire, underneath my basket. It works like a champ and only cost $15. Maybe that's an option if you're really wanting something larger for storage.

surfy birdy said...

cute! i think i like the first one best. they are all nice. i have one of the back tire baskets. it is metal and it unfolds out. if your not using it you can fold it in. its handy and it can hold more veggies/ etc. it doesnt have that awesome handmade look. it would be a nice pair with one of these.

Jan Halvarson said...

Thanks Courtney, and yes my light is self-generating also - and I like that idea. I'm definitely going to look into it!

Michele said...

I am loving that handlebar bag! Nice find!

Coco Cake Land said...

oh amazing!!