Hula Seventy: Lego Love


ChocolateMintCrafts

Contributer post by Andrea of Hula Seventy

I have sort of a love/hate thing for Legos. This is because I am the mother of a five year-old and Legos are everywhere. In our house, they are everywhere. Scattered across the living room floor and the tops of all tables, hidden underneath pillows, rugs and practically every piece of furniture in the house. I swear to you, I've found Legos in the refrigerator. More than once. Also, ask any parent and they will tell you that there is no pain like the pain that comes from stepping on a Lego in the middle of the night. It's brutal. But ultimately, my love for the little plastic bright-colored bricks wins out. Because my kids make awesome things with legos. Actually, people everywhere make awesome things with legos. Behold:


Lego-inspired street art in Italy, Dispatchwork- Jan Vormann



Amazing asymetrical Lego necklace, Oddly Glam



Super cute (and fully functioning) pink Lego camera, Digital Blue



Spectacular Lego kitchen island via Dwell



Probably uncomfortable but completely bananas Lego hat via Smosh


Especially clever Lego wallet via Geeky gadgets



Especially clever Lego Journal (build your own cover design!), Moonlight Bindery


Fantastic Lego table via Inhabitat


Crazy Awesome Lego polaroid camera via Smosh


Super fun Lego crayons, Lil Boo & Co.

Okay, I'm ready to build. How about you?

--Andrea

Jan Halvarson

25 comments:

Emily said...

That polaroid camera is super-fly! And the lego crayons?!? Too cute:)

jenna said...

I assume you've seen this?

http://niemann.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/02/i-lego-ny/

too good.

Lady Grey said...

this post made me happy... I didn't even realize I felt such a fondness for lego!

Sarah said...

Lego kitchen island? Genius! Have you seen this guy's work? www.seankenney.com

Aaaaaaaawesome!!

Stacey H said...

Love this post! But you can't leave out the Lego house!! http://blog.penguincreative.com/?p=330

Marcie said...

What a creative and colorful post! Is that island for real?

:) Marcie

ps- love the blog!

hatjunkie said...

As the mother of a six year old boy, I'm with you. Our house has been taken over by lego. I moan and grumble and every once in a while threaten to throw it away if it doesn't get picked up, but really I'd have it no other way. Those are the coolest finds. There's also very cool lego soap on etsy which I need to buy.

dahlhaus said...

Me and my 2 boys had a great time checking out the Lego on Poppytalk together! Great lego gift ideas too! thanks!

davis. said...

love your lego post!

Heli said...

this post made my day! :)

ChocolateMintCrafts - BubbleBakes said...

Thank You for featuring my Lego rings! No need to say I love Lego bricks myself! I had totally forgotten about the pain of stepping on one, though!
Your blog is awesome, I visit every single day!
Alba
--Chocolate Mint--

vadjutka said...

awsome - they are all genious!

Andreanna Glamasaurus said...

I love legos! I even make some lego crafts too!

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

LOVE that Lego Polaroid camera!

Amanda :: Grace & Gusto said...

It's been a while since I smiled so wide at work, thank you for this. I love it all, especially the necklace and that kitchen island. And those crayons are precious!

Oh, My Darling said...

Mildly obsessed with those Lego rings!

Anonymous said...

And I'll add -- Legos so yummy you can eat them:
Lego shaped Eggo waffles (which I keep calling L'Eggos anyway...) and Lego stackable fruit snacks. Mmm, mmm, good!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Damn, why did I sell all the kids lego at our garage sale?
Carol@The Design Pages

Alex said...

I have an ice cube tray that makes ice legos. It totally makes my day every time I go for ice.

reya said...

Those lego crayons are awesome!

Unknown said...

Holy-moly, that kitchen island is amazing! I'm such a sucker for Lego stuff and you found some amazing things. I would love to have one of those Lego journals.

Vicky - where did you find the ice cube tray??

julie said...

have you also heard of this guy?
www.brickartist.com

Unknown said...

so awesome! the lego polaroid is my favorite!

moein abtahi said...

i like this lego thing but not under my feet in midel of night

momto2wasd said...

I love legos and hate the mess they make. I have 3 sons. I recently lost a lego key chain (along with my keys) I've had for over 5 years...I am most sad about the lost pink lego.